Axillium is seeking a commercially focused Innovation Lead to take responsibility for the successful delivery of our portfolio of R&D projects and to support business development activities to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
This is a challenging role with room for growth and would suit someone driven by job satisfaction in a people-oriented company. Someone who thrives on autonomy and who wishes to make a positive contribution to the future success and direction of our business.
This role will report to the General Manager, and responsibilities will include:
- developing, managing and maintaining client relationships and fostering their active interest in our services
- operating our innovation projects, programmes and clusters
- establishing and maintaining relationships with funding stakeholders and industry organisations
- adhering to and promoting our bespoke innovation management framework
- supporting and sometimes leading workshops with clients
- coordinating and contributing to the timely creation of bids and commercial proposals for the company, and as part of our service offering
- supporting contractual negotiations during the contracting stage of business development
- supporting the GM in developing business cases for the launch of new services
- staying abreast of developments in the sectors that we operate in
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator, who understands the importance of building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally. In addition to their “can do” mentality, they will:
- be degree qualified, ideally in a digital/engineering discipline, or have significant equivalent experience
- have experience working with academia in a technology or engineering role
- have management experience and/or technology consulting experience
- have knowledge of one or more of our key sectors i.e. automotive, aerospace, digital, defence
- understand technologies and processes to a level that enables discussion with specialist academics and seniors in organisations of all sizes
- be able to demonstrate your ability to evaluate business needs and identify technical solutions to solve business problems
- have proven ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key funding stakeholders and sector organisations
- have experience of UK Government funding bodies, their mechanisms and requirements
- be a member of relevant professional bodies (e.g. IMechE, IET)
- have an agile approach to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- hold a full UK driving license and would be willing to travel for work
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Company performance-based bonus
- Employee Ownership Scheme
- Investment in training and development
- Career progression
If this role is of interest to you then you can apply by emailing your CV to Lynette Searle at email@example.com. Please include a brief covering letter giving details of your salary expectations.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis with second interviews to be completed by 12th July 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you.